Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Fun

Summer is officially here! We survived June the month full of birthdays and now were on to just chilln'! I.E. "Mom I'm bored!" We had planned to take the family to Flagstaff over the 4th and visit the Grand Canyon and the ever popular Bed Rock City (home of the Flinstone family) but alas our AC went out the weekend before so we opted for a cool summer rather than a "cool" vacation! Oh well, we made our own little vacation right here at home. Our wonderful neighbors went out of town and asked us to watch their pool and oh did we watch their pool!!!!!! The kids had a blast and quite honestly so did we. P.S. Tanned some too.
School starts in less than a month (YEA??) bitter sweet I think! So the last few weeks of summer will consist of a few local outings here and there. So I can avoid "Mom I'm bored" and I can still bribe them to do their chores. The kids have been doing a little homework every day so that they are ready to roll when school starts and it has really been fun. Ayden is learning to write all of his letters and numbers. Pre-school got it going for him and he does well in recognizing them but writing is another story! He is all boy I suppose. Hannah is work with a 5th grade Logic book, which lets face it....... ;) Aaron is getting the yards in shape and they are coming along nicely, back yard to begin this weekend. I have been really wanting to do some major cooking! I have come across this thing called OAMC or once a month cooking. Basically you cook a ton of stuff over the course of a weekend and then label and stuff it in the freezer. My delema.... no big freezer! Working on that and hopefully I'll have more to update you all on. I know that once school, dance and football starts back in August my evenings are going to be, well interesting. Last but not least I wanted to wish my Girl Chachy a Very Very Happy Birthday! Especially because she is older than me! HAHA!
Much Love, Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks girl!!! Had a wonderful birhtday yesterday. And just think we only have two more weeks of entertaining the rugrats and then we are back at work!!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete